Six Month Off Cycle Internship – Moscow
Start Date: January 2009
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Moscow, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operational accuracy, timeliness, integrity and innovation are fundamental to our success. For more detailed information about Operations and the Firm, please visit this.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our off-cycle internship will provide you with the opportunity to work on real life projects within a supportive team environment and help you to develop a deep understanding of the firm’s business lines. The internship includes on-the desk training, social and professional development initiatives and networking opportunities.
The role and responsibilities are listed below:
• Monitor the flow of trade information in Diasoft
• Resolve breaks and differences between Diasoft and the firm’s corporate systems.
• Assist in the settling and reporting of Equity trades
• Participate in other ongoing projects in order to develop Operational processes and build support models for new flows
• Work closely with various groups across the firm; particularly Technology, Compliance, Finance, Legal and the Trading desks
Skills and Competencies
Goldman Sachs Operations recruits highly motivated individuals who can demonstrate outstanding achievements in academic and extracurricular activities. However, a background in finance is not necessary.
We are looking for people who can display the following personal qualities and attributes:
• Fluency in English and Russian is a requirement
• Creative thinking: ability to approach problems from multiple angles
• Process orientated: able to process engineer to increase efficiency
• Teamwork: must be able to work responsibly on an individual basis and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: clear and concise communication style
• Detail orientated
• Ability to be proactive and think quickly
• Ability to use own initiative and to prioritise
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure
• Ability to escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office essential
Please apply online at www.gs.com/careers. Click through to Apply Now on the Internship, New Analyst or New Associate Applicants section. Select the Seasonal/Off Cycle Internship position in the Operations Division and select the Job ID Number 0100.
Deadline for Applications: 30 November 2008