Borealis is a leading, innovative provider of plastics solutions.Its technology shapes daily life products and forms the basis of next generation innovation and creative development in plastics.
Borealis is a leading, innovative provider of plastics solutions. Its technology shapes daily life products and forms the basis of next generation innovation and creative development in plastics.
With EUR 4 billion revenue in sales and 4,500 employees, Borealis has more than 40 years of experience as a reliable supplier of polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) products. Borealis today is a partner to its customers manufacturing and developing products such as food packaging, diapers, appliances, automotive parts, distribution pipes for water, gas and sewage, power cables, sporting equipment and medical devices.
Borealis is headquartered in Vienna, Austria. Devoted to developing the next generation of polyolefins, their R&D activities are conducted by around 400 specialists at four locations: Porvoo (Finland), Rönningen (Norway), Linz (Austria) and Stenungsund (Sweden).
For all its Innovation Centres, Borealis is looking to recruit about 40 talented technical high potentials profiles.
For further information please visit: www.borealisgroup.com.
Tasks and responsibilities:
As a technical high potential profile, you will participate in international cross-functional project teams and possibly manage them. You will:
• Be responsible for fundamental polymer design research;
• Develop new polymer concepts in line with innovation objectives;
• Act as an expert in fundamental polymer design issues;
• Be pro-active in finding out-of-the-box polymer solutions;
• Lead and participate in innovation projects and in implementation of new polymer concepts in pilot plants in full scale plants;
• Contribute in IPR related issues e.g. filing and opposition of patents and in competitor follow-up;
• Work in close co-operation with catalyst & process research, business units and production but also universities and external research institutes.
If you are a self-motivated and assertive graduate or early career professional:
• Bearing a technical degree in Chemistry, Physics or Material science and an outstanding academic track record;
• With no more than two years’ professional experience, if any;
• Fluent in English and one other major language; German is an asset;
• Knowledge in the area of PE and PP material science is a plus;
• Innovative self starter constantly striving to expand own knowledge to achieve expertise;
• Co-operative team-player and communicator who is willing to share knowledge with others;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
…then we’d like to acquaint you with our company at one of our Borealis Recruitment Days in October, November or December, 2007.
• diversity and inclusion;
• international exposure;
• a flexible work/life balance;
• exceptional learning & development opportunities;
• a long-term orientation programme.
How to apply?
To apply, please register via www.borealisgroup.com/technicalgraduateprogramme.
All the information can be found on the website. For additional information please contact Caroline Beuls at +32 2 645 07 41.
Our selection process includes a telephone interview prior to the Borealis Recruitment Day held in Linz, Austria in October, November or December, 2007 (dates will be communicated in a later stage).